Continually checking out for new firmware is a great way to get free “upgrades” to your camera without paying anything extra. Drift is always working to improve their cameras and a ton of upgrades can be added to your camera by simply downloading the latest firmware.
Here’s the instructions on how to do the upgrade:
- Download only the latest version of the firmware (below).
- Copy the downloaded file to the root of an empty and formatted SD card. Do not rename the file (Important.)
- Insert the SD card into the camera and power on the camera. Ensure the camera has sufficient power so the upgrade doesn’t fail half way.
- Select the version number item in the Setup menu (last item) and confirm.
- Cursor to the check mark and select to confirm.
- The LED on camera will show “Wait for FW update” during the process. Once complete camera will turn off.
- Turn the camera back on and verify that the firmware version has been updated.
- Reformat your SD card again within the camera Tools Settings.
Mac users with Safari – if you have problems downloading the file, please right click on the link and select the option ‘Download Linked File’ to save the wanted firmware.
LATEST VERSION 1.1.28 (3 Feb. 2012) Add 1 min option on timelapse photo. Ignore LCD off timer during playback. Improve audio sync. No beep sound when speaker is set to mute. More smooth AE changes under 720p 50/60 fps.
Ensure that the upgrade process is not interrupted. If the process is interrupted the firmware on the camera may be corrupted and the camera has to be returned to the factory for repair.